Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.

I was recently arrested for domestic violence. The DA reduced

I was recently arrested for domestic violence. The DA reduced the charge to a disorderly conduct violation. Do I need to report this on my U4?

Thank you for the information and your question. Unless the original domestic violence charge was for a felony, you will not have to report the arrest on your U4. Only felony charges must be reported. Otherwise only felony and misdemeanor convictions that are related fraud, dishonest, etc., must be report. If you take a look at section 14, you can see what I am referring to. You can take a look at the form here: http:[email protected][email protected][email protected]/documents/appsupportdocs/p015112.pdf

If you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the original charge was a that would mean i don't have to report it..just to clarify..right?

Yes, that is correct. No need to answer yes to any of the arrest or conviction questions on the U4.