How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Swartz Your Own Question
Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3122
Experience:  Twenty one years experience as a lawyer in New York and New Jersey. Former Appellate Law Clerk.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Thomas Swartz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How would I go about finding out what company manufactured

This answer was rated:

How would I go about finding out what company manufactured a medicine that burned me in a recent hospital stay?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I went to the site and the drug I'm looking for did not come up nor did the manufactor's information. Is there another option?

Try this list: Full FDA Approved Drug List. Also note that many drugs have two names - it marketing name and its "real" name. Also make sure you have the spelling correct of the drug you are concerned about.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It's not on that list as well. Would I be able to obtain the exact medicine's name and manufactor's information through the hospital or my medical records?


Yes, your hospital/medical records would have the correct name of the medicine, but it would not have the manufacturer. You probably got the wrong name of the medicine from somewhere. So, I would definitely get a hold of your hospital/medical records for the correct name.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Would I be able to file a claim against the manufactor's of the medicine that burned a hole in my hand (about the size of a nickel and about 3 cm deep?

Possibly, if you can prove that the medicine was somehow defective or was improperly labeled. You could also potentially have a claim against the physician and/or hospital if the medicine was improperly prescribed, administered, or applied.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well I did settle with the hospital for the medicine being improperly administered, but I was told I could file a claim against the makers of the medicine. I didn't know that I could as I don't know if the medicine was defective or improperly labeled. I still don't know how would I be able to prove that either of those things happened (labeling or defective).

It is true that it might be difficult to prove that the medicine was defective. I would recommend that you seek a consultation with a products liability attorney (one who deals with defective drugs) in your local area to see if there have been any reports about the medicine you are concerned and to thus see if you can build a case against the manufacturer.

Thomas Swartz and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you