Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

My divorce was final Aug.18,2010. I was married for 35 yrs.

My divorce was final Aug.18,2010. I was married for 35 yrs. I was 61. I waived spousal support stating i couldn't contact the court again for any reason. We divided things up and i thought i would be okay..however i was not in a good state of mind and wanted things over i could move out of Tuolumne County,CA. A female attorney told me that any long term wife,can always get there a possiblilty to her statement...btw she started out as my atty. but i fired her..
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

If you waived your right to seek Spousal Support in the future, and if you agreed in the divorce that the Court would not retain Spousal Support Jurisdiction, then you can't seek support now.

However, if Spousal Support Jurisdiction was retained by the Court, or if Spousal Support wasn't even mentioned in the Judgment (or settlement agreement), you would have a good chance of getting Spousal Support if you sought.