TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I had my car worked on at SAM,s Club last friday. I had my

I had my car worked on at SAM,s Club last friday. I had my tires rotated and balaced. All of my hub caps were on my car since I perchased it in 2006. Sam.s club ihstaled a set of tires 0n my car on feb 13 2012. I think Sams should pay for a new hub cap for my car. What do you think?

LESLIE RENFRO
[email protected]
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

I'd like to answer your question, but you're missing a key ingredient in the facts that you shared: What happened to the hubcap?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The hub cap came off and was lost. I have no idea when,where how or if it was ever put back on. I do know it was on the car when I left the car for Sams to work on it.

Hi again.

I think that you should definitely demand that Sam's Club pays for the hubcap, and there is a good chance that it will in order to keep you as a happy customer. However, from a legal perspective, it does not sound like you'd win a lawsuit against Sam's Club. It is just speculation that Sam's Club did something wrong. The hubcap could have been stolen, or the clips that hold it on could have been worn down and faulty. It doesn't sound like you have any evidence that Sam's Club should be held liable, other than that fact that Sam's Club did some work on your car. A judge would not likely allow a judgment against Sam's Club in those circumstances. So, I would focus on customer service and not on any legal action.

I am truly sorry to give you this bad news, but please understand that it would be unfair to you (and unprofessional of me) to provide you with anything less than an honest response. However, if your concerns were not satisfactorily addressed, then please let me know, and I will be happy to clarify my answer. I do ask that you rate me based upon whether I answered your question, and not based upon whether the answer was good news or bad news. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for using our service!

If you would like to direct additional legal questions to me in the future, then please type "To VAMD" in the subject line of your question.