Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

hi someone is trying to sue me on my online website on the

hi someone is trying to sue me on my online website on the website it clear states that all sales are final and i guess shes unhappy with her purchase saying it isnt what she thought it would be or claming the quality isnt what was specified. I persoanlly dont think she have the right i have purchased plenty of items and once i walk out that store their policy is all sales a re final

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

Is there a specific question I could assist you with?

Customer:

hi dear so i am an hair company that sales virginhair

Customer:

some lady recently purchased hair for are hair company and now says she is going to sue me because the hair isnt virgin hair on my site it says all sales are final due to the proccessing

Customer:

the hair was on promotion sale meaning that it was the lowest grade we had which is 3a and shes claiming her stylist says it is also synthetic mix of hair but after talking to my vendor he ensured they only sales 100 human hair material

Customer:

she asked for an mailing address to send me an certified letter i was just going to ignore her because before she checked out she knew that all sales was finals the hair has been used and now shes expecting more hair or an refund ...

Customer:

everyone i have talked to told me to not to worry about it in the hair buissness this happens all the time so im aware of this

JD 1992 :

She would have to sue you where you are located, or at least she is supposed to, and no lawyer is going to help her without her paying them a lot.

Customer:

yes she has emailed me for my address to send certified letters

JD 1992 :

You can give it to her or just ignore her. Nothing requires you to give it to her.

Customer:

first she argued with me and i was willing to accomadate her after speaking with the vendor ,he ensured that the hair is reall human hair and not to worry about its ..she wore that hair about 3 weeks and expects an refund or more hait

JD 1992 :

I don't think you have anything to worry about as far as a lawsuit.

Customer:

yes im going to ignore her i just dont like the feeling of getting played you know or taken advantage of if i give in to ever unhappy customer i wont be able to conduct my buisness thats why it says all sales are final

JD 1992 :

She would have to hire an expert to come there and testify that it wasn't human hair, etc.

Customer:

and okay great thanks for making me feel a little better

JD 1992 :

How much money are we talking about?

Customer:

only 300 dollars

Customer:

she got 6bundles of hair for 300 when really it cost alot more if i was selling to profit

JD 1992 :

You don't have to worry about it. She is almost certainly just blowing smoke and trying to scare you into giving her some money.

Customer:

shes upset because she paid 400 to get the weave installed but thats not my problem you know

JD 1992 :

It is just someone trying to scam you.

Customer:

i feel the same way and thanks so much for your help

JD 1992 :

You're very welcome and I wish you the best.

JD 1992 :

Please ask any follow up questions in this thread. When all of your questions have been answered, then I would ask that you give a Positive Rating (of course I'd suggest Excellent) since that is the only way I get credit for my work and also please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. When looking at the answer I ask you to bear in mind I can’t control what the law is and whether it helps you, I can only tell you what it says, and I assume you want truthful information. Also, issuing a positive rating keeps the question from “timing out” so you can return in the future if you think of a follow up.

However, please do not issue a rating of any kind until all of your questions have been answered and please use the Reply button to ask additional questions or to provide answers to my questions.

Customer:

last questions i was wondering am i protected on all sale final items i know alot of companies say all sales are final upon purchase

JD 1992 :

Anything else I can assist with?

Customer:

JD 1992 :

You are unless the product is defective somehow. Nothing protects you from being sued for a defective product.

Customer:

defective meaning? examples pls

Customer:

even with hair extensions ?

JD 1992 :

If it turned out that the hair was not human hair, for instance. Or if it was so brittle it couldn't be used.

Customer:

well the thing is all virgin hair has brittle ends it says that on the website also

Customer:

for hygiene purposes is why we have all sales are final once installed in your hair

Customer:

i feel like as soon as she got the hair she should have said something right away

JD 1992 :

I don't disagree with you.

JD 1992 :

As long as it is within normal product you should be okay.

JD 1992 :

Realistically it would be rare that someone sued you over that amount of money because it is too much trouble for no return.

JD 1992 :

The website is showing you are offline so I will save and exit so I can assist others. If you have any additional questions please feel free to ask them in this thread. I will be online most of the day but it may take a little while for me to answer if I am assisting others.

JD 1992 :