Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

My partner has a conviction that he is unable to travel to

My partner has a conviction that he is unable to travel to Australian on his NZ passport. We have been waiting since January. Is there any other process we can follow or continue to wait. I work in Melbourne and would like him to visit
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You're welcome.
Hello. My name isXXXXX will be happy to answer your question.

I am very sorry to hear about your partner's unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, if your partner has a criminal conviction that prevents him from entering Australia without a special visa, there is not much else that can be done, except for your partner to apply for such visa, which I understand has been done and wait for an interview at the Embassy at which time a decision would be made whether your partner would be eligible for such special visa, which is granted at the consular officer's discretion.

Unfortunately, there is no set time for the review and issuance of such special visa and it is done on the case by case basis, so I am afraid that the only option that exist is to simply wait for the Embassy to contact your partner.

I wish you and your partner the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience: Experienced Licensed Attorney
Do you have any related follow up questions for me?