Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.

I had 4 Red Drum Fillets at the boat ramp in Escambia County,

I had 4 Red Drum Fillets at the boat ramp in Escambia County, Florida. Law inforcement obviously saw me fillet fish on water and waited till the ramp and knew exactly where they were as the officer reached in the cooler and grabbed the bag. I have nothing to dispute. Should I / can I ask for a pre trial conference and save everybody some time? Should I? I'm gonna miss work as it is and any large fine will devistate my family. Never done this before and won't ever embarrass myself again.

TexLawyer :

Good evening. I'll be assisting you with your question.

TexLawyer :

The best thing you can do is contact the court that is handling the case and ask to speak to the prosecutor. Usually, you can work out a deal with the prosecutor for a fine less than what you are initially told.

TexLawyer :

Ultimately, however, if you go to trial and lose, the fine is generally much higher than if you go into court and handle things promptly. As such, your best hope is dealing directly with the prosecutor who has the ability to ask the judge to lower the fine from its present amount.

kindly change the question to a question and answer format as I cannot view your response

Sorry about the difficulty. You should be able to post any reply or question you have here.