Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  29 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law

Can I record a phone conversation in Colorado between me and

Can I record a phone conversation in Colorado between me and my wife who is in Ohio. BTW she is cheating on me.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good evening.

RayAnswers :

Both Colorado and Ohio are one party consent states.That means as long as one party consents to the recording there is not a problem in taping the conversations.In both states as long as you do the taping you are consenting so that there is not a problem recording such a conversation as long as it is not used for an illegal purpose.

RayAnswers :

Reference.

RayAnswers :

It has been my pleasure to assist you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again for letting me help you tonight.

RayAnswers :

I hope that you will be so kind as to leave a positive rating. If you do have any additional questions about my answer please click the "Continue Conversation Link" so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is reflected as a negative rating and I receive no credit for my answers.

This communication does not establish an attorney client relationship here.Information provided is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information.

Ray, Lawyer
Experience: 29 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are there any interstate issues with the FCC or Fed?

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Not as long as you are not using this for illegal purposes say blackmail.If you are wanting to use it in say a court proceeding then this would be legal for you to tape your phone conversations with her as there is one party consent to do so.Federal law only requires that at least one party taking part in the call must be notified of the recording (18 U.S.C. §2511(2)(d))

Thanks for letting me help you.

Ray, Lawyer