Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

i PAY ALIMONEY AND I FOUND OUT THEY SHE GOT MARRIED ON THE

i PAY ALIMONEY AND I FOUND OUT THEY SHE GOT MARRIED ON THE SLY 10 YEARS AGO TO A FOREIGN GUY IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN RESEARCH THAT

Hi

I am attorney with more than 25 years of experience and look forward to providing you information in this regard.

Please tell me

1 - Research her marriage records?

2 - Are you still paying alimony?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have no idea where they got married,the guy was from another country,all I have is her name date of birth and social,i found out from a relative of hers she got married 10 years ago and ive been paying all this time

Hi

Thank you

Well, if you do not know where she got married, then I suggest you file a Motion to Vacate the Alimony and use the fact that she is "Cohabiting" with this person for however many years which changes the circumstances.

Once you have something pending in court, you can file Discovery to have her present the documents such as her income tax forms, That will show she has filed Married - and then you can request the marriage cert, etc

But you need to have a pending matter in the courts to get that information. There is no way to just find it out, unless you hire a private investigator who can maybe get the information for you

Your other option is to stop the alimony - let her file a Contempt Motion and that will be when she hangs herself

Of course, if you just stop then your recourse for reimbursement back to the date of the marriage is limited. So the best thing, I suggest is to file the Motion to Vacate.

If you need more clarification, please let me know by posting the question here. Please do not rate me until you are completely satisfied.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay that sounds like a good plan for sure to answer but in the process my emai

s changed it ask for my password to my accountyahoo.com and I never received the password and now I accountcan't log into myaccounjimth

Hello

I suggest you use the Contact Us button below and see if they can help you with that.

I have nothing to do with it at all.