CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I had cataract surgery a few years ago that went wrong, bleeding

I had cataract surgery a few years ago that went wrong, bleeding tore my retina; other eye surgeons were not able to repair it. Ultimately I lost all vision in that eye. How do I determine whether I have a claim worth pursuing legally?

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, thank you for choosing Just Answer. I am sorry to learn about your loss of vision and would like to assist you with your legal problem today.

William B. Esq. :

Regarding your potential claim, I cannot give you a precise evaluation of what value to place on it as I cannot go through your medical records and analyze your damages such as loss of income, your age, loss of enjoyment, loss of mobility, and other factors, however, the loss of an eye is generally a very significant injury and if you are able to prove causation (that the original doctors performed substandard medical care) you are generally able to recover a significant amount of money.

William B. Esq. :

I would recommend that you seek out a civil litigation attorney (specifically a personal injury attorney with experience in medical malpractice) to review your claim and give you a more specific appraisal of it. Most attorneys will provide a consultation for free.

William B. Esq. :

You can usually finance your litigation with either an hourly (you pay for every hour that the attorney spends working on the case), or contingency (the attorney gets a portion of your recovery, you get less money but you do not have any risk - most personal injury litigation is financed this way).

William B. Esq. :

I hope the above is helpful, if you have any further questions, or if I did not fully address your question, please let me know and I will follow up. Best regards, Bill.