Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

if i had an order of protection filed against me and my court

if i had an order of protection filed against me and my court appearance is Monday. What will happen if I do not show up to court in the state of tennessee

Hello and welcome.

I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am working on your answer now and will post it here shortly. Thank you for your patience while I prepare your answer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello again,

Usually courts grant a temporary order without a hearing and the hearing is scheduled to provide the defendant with an opportunity to oppose the allegations made by the plaintiff/petitioner to avoid having the order made permanent.

If you do not appear at the hearing and defend in the matter, the order will typically be made permanent and you should be sent a copy of the court's order indicating what you must refrain from doing.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Thank you for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10). It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.

Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by going to your “My Questions” page and clicking on “Request Tina again” next to my photo. I look forward to hearing from you.