Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.

At new/used car dealership today. Ford Explorer clearly marked

At new/used car dealership today. Ford Explorer clearly marked $1000 on winshield. Test drove truck with salesman. Agreed to purchase truck. Salesman writes up contract adds fees taxes etc. Final price just under $1500. Then manager comes over and says wrong price listed on vehicle can not sell for that price. I can show you other vehicles. I also had cash on desk to buy truck. Claims I can not sell you vehicle at that price. Truck sold for $4200 per manager when I called back. Do I have any options? This is a honda dealership I regularly go to service my Honda!

Thank you for the information and your question. You have a few options. One is to file a consumer complaint with the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs for the bait and switch/false advertising. You might also want to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. However, the State will usually be more effective at bringing this to a positive resolution. You could also, if you choose, file suit under the NJ consumer protection act for deceptive practices (bait and switch/false advertising). If I were you, I might consider filing the State complaint first and see where it goes. If you don't get the result you want, then you may want to file suit.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.