Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I have been charged with a c class felony agg assult charge

I have been charged with a c class felony agg assult charge in the state of Tennessee it says i can get a sentencing of anywhere from 3-15 years of prison time. I have had assault charges in 2000 and a drug charge in 2006 which i spent 3 month in jail. Is it likely that i will be put in jail for that long what happens to someone in my situation most of the time
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and look forward to providing you information in this regard.

Please tell me briefly what this charge stems from? Is this a domestic violence situation. Any injuries if so to what extent?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

they charged me with a c class felony and it was with my wife who had a red mark on her cheekbone but did not get medical attention. I allegedly used a flashlight to hit her with it

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thank you and I am sorry to hear of this matter.

It is hard to say what a judge will do - but you may be able to take a plea agreement wherein you sentence is suspended, you do anger management and other type of classes as part of your probation and then you do not go to jail as long as you comply with those terms and conditions.

If you have other questions, you may reply here and I will continue to assist you. Otherwise, please rate "good to excellent" ~ Thanks and good luck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if the witness and victim dont show up tp the trial will the case be dimissed or can the victim drop the charges

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi

It will be difficult with the victim to drop the charges. When it is a domestic violence the state has to proceed. Your wife however cannot be forced to testify in court against you. But police reports medical reports may be used and her testimony may not even be necessary.

Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience: 20 years of experience practicing law.