Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations
3396227

I was in a wreck where my bosses, bosses boss was driving

I was in a wreck where my bosses', bosses' boss was driving a pickup and I was the passenger. My boss (the driver), ran a stop sign and we were T-Boned by an 18 wheeler. My boss died in the wreck and wlked away with minor scratches and spent the night in the hospital for observations. This happend a little over 2 years ago in Texas. I still have flashbacks of the accident and flinch when coming to an intersection. I was just wondering if it has been too long to due anything about.
Dear JACUSTOMER - The statute of limitations in Texas is 2 years from the date of the accident so if it has been more than two years it would be too late to file a lawsuit or seek any damages. Thanks goodness you were not seriously injured as I know the feeling having been in a couple of close calls myself. At this point there simply is nothing you can do to recover any damages from the company or its insurance.