Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.

Getting married in AZ

My fiancé has a CT drivers License & I have an IL drivers license & we would like to get married in AZ! Can we get a marriage license in AZ when we go there or do we need to do something in advance. Please advise. We are both divorced also.

Thank you for your question. In Arizona there is no residency requirement or waiting period in order to qualify for a marriage license. Assuming that you are both 18 years of age or older you just need to have your driver licenses with you and pay the fee. You can get married the same day you get your license. You can see a description of the law in Arizona by going to the Maricopa County website. It is the same in all counties. That website is at:

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.