Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I have been represented by a law firm in Florida for asbestos,

I have been represented by a law firm in Florida for asbestos, over the years I have received some compensation, they are now flying people to Florida to give Depositions in this Class Action law suit, My question is are the people giving the depositions the only ones getting the final compensation and if so can I demand to give a deposition due to the fact that my lungs are much worse where I am on oxygen everyday
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Have you signed a final settlement with the firm for your claim yet?

Are you still a plaintiff in the case and the case is still ongoing?
Thank you for your response, I have reported your other issue to customer service, but you should be able to continue responding here (opening new questions causes system problems for us as well). I apologize for any technical issues you are experiencing.

If you have not signed any settlement agreement and the case is still open, the fact they are bringing in other victims for depositions as part of the class action should not decrease your award amount, since each plaintiff's award is based on their own damages. You should keep your law firm up to date on your medical condition and any deterioration of that condition. However, just because they are bringing in other plaintiffs does not mean you will not get your damages due based on your damages.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes the case is still ongoing, I never signed a final agreement, and I am still a plaintiff

Thank you for your response.

If you never signed the final agreement, you are still involved in the suit and you will get your share based on the extent of your damage and injury sustained, which is why you have to keep your law firm updated on the severity of your condition and any changes.