Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

My wife and I applied for a refinance loan of our condo in Astoria, Qu

Customer Question

My wife and I applied for a refinance loan of our condo in Astoria, Queens,NY about 10 months ago. In march I went on a trip and left with her a power of attorney in case I would not be back in time for the closing. I came back to NYC,2 days ago. The closing should be this Monday, however I changed my mind and do not want to go ahead with the closing. Can she still use the POA ?( I told the bank lawyers not to use the POA)
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

LegalBeacon :

Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

LegalBeacon :

You can revoke your POA at any time by giving your wife a letter of revocation letting her know you are terminating the POA effective immediately. You will want to send a copy of that letter of revocation to anyone you know who has been provided a copy of the POA. Your wife's authority under the POA terminates immediately upon your wife's receipt of the POA.

LegalBeacon :

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!