TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

This is in refernce to Sallie Mae charged-off closed private

This is in refernce to Sallie Mae charged-off closed private student loan account, I also been working with Sentor Barbara Mikulski, staff (03/2013-present) to help resolve the problem. As of 05/10/2013 Sallie Mae has a Grand total of $9,795. There are some discrepancies, of my account history payments, account balance. Sallie Mae have in the system the account balance of $8,213.93, saying I'm past due of $230.74. How can I be past due, when my check is being garnished every two weeks? Also Sallie Mae has not updated my account history to show all of my payments made to theem ( it has been 4 1\2 week, no update, I have overpaid them, base on the information that I have, and the information that the have in the system. Also Sallie Mae, their Attorney Thomas Mauro, has a Judgement against me, they are not being cooperative, I had contact them by faxes, phone calls, also contact Sallie Mae Customer Service no response. Today I have a shorter check because of FURLOUGH, garnishment, do anyone care how I suppose to pay my bills, rent etc. This garnishment should have been stop 4 1/2 weeks ago. My credit score is going down, I need help.

VAMD, Esq. :

Hello. Thank you for allowing me to assist you.

VAMD, Esq. :

You asked: "How can I be past due, when my check is being garnished every two weeks?"

VAMD, Esq. :

The answer is that a garnishment can at most yield 25% of your gross pay.

VAMD, Esq. :

If that 25% is less than what you would normally be obligated to pay per the contract, then you would be in default.

VAMD, Esq. :

Also, if you were in default and owed a lot in arrears, then you would not have cured the default until all arrears are paid.

VAMD, Esq. :

So, a garnishment does not guarantee that you'll be out of default.

VAMD, Esq. :

With regard to your account history, if they aren't showing all payments, you should contact their attorney (not Sallie Mae) and ask for an accounting.

VAMD, Esq. :

When you say that you overpaid, do you mean that you paid more than what you owed, or just that you paid more than you think you should have paid for a particular installment?

VAMD, Esq. :

In other words, are you saying that the judgment is paid off?

VAMD, Esq. :

Are you there?

VAMD, Esq. :

It appears that you are offline. Please respond when you come back online. I will try to help you further.

VAMD, Esq. :

Though please bear in mind that I may not respond to you immediately once you return since I am logging off soon.

VAMD, Esq. :

But I will get back to you.

VAMD, Esq. :

Thank you.

Customer:

Y es, I overpaid, Sallie Mae, outstanding balance is $8,105.30, I stated early that Sallie Mae has a grand total of $9,795, yes the Attoney has been contacted (2) by phone, e-mail. Sallie Mae are still showing missing payments, I have paperwork to show the correct amount, which I had already provoded, (pay studs, cancel checks). Everything is in black & white, Sallie Mae was correcting the errors when Sentor BarBara Mikulski came on the seen, now it has stop, it has been 4 1\2 week.

VAMD, Esq. : Hi again.I think we may be having a miscommunication. If you overpaid, then that means that you no longer have a balance, and you owe nothing.
VAMD, Esq. : Are you saying that? That you repaid the entire judgment against you?