Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

I have a mall business that I agreed to sell someone verbally.

I have a mall business that I agreed to sell someone verbally. He has a partner who also agreed to the purchase price. They started all of the paperwork with the mall to take over my business and put down a deposit.
The night before they were to take over, they changed their minds about the purchase price and offered me half the amount of the original verbal agreement. Do I have any recourse in this matter? Will they have to honor the contract?
Hello. My name isXXXXX am a Florida licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.

Unfortunately, the verbal agreement in this situation would not hold up in court and it would be impossible to impose such agreement as legally binding, unless the agreement is in writing and is signed by all the parties.

I am very sorry about this unfortunate situation and I wish you the best of luck!