How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16864
Experience:  Lawyer and legal specialist.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My former employer, Success Glass, Inc. from ChaskaMinnesota,

Customer Question

My former employer, Success Glass, Inc. from ChaskaMinnesota, won' pay me for four days that my new supervisor,Kal, asked me to work out of my home and come back when the office is re-organized and the computers are networked. Ben, the owner, says I was not at work, so I don't get paid. I was salaried at 39,863 dollars a year. I never had to fill out a time card, or was I required or asked to! However Ben, a russian immegrant, does not understand what salary is. I would work late many evenings and come in on Saturdays to complete projects and paperwork. But if I was not in the office a day or an afternoon, he docked my pay. I never got overtime, no benefits, no insurance.We had five paid holidays, the only "benefit" we had. The new partner, Kal, came aboard and after one week, when I returned to the office, they wanted me to sign a employment agreement which would cut my pay by 50% and still have me doing 95% of the same job I had been doing. My attorney, KayL. Wallrich, said it was what is called "Constructive Discharge". I can on live off half salary and chose notto signed the agreement and was discharged. When I received my check, which normally would have been a gross amount of 1533.20, (Marked salary), it was for 900.00 dollars and then had a note saying "Gary's corrected paycheck" and was deducted another $300.00. I know he owes me the restof the salary for the two week period and the 1st day of the next period, since I worked the complete day in the office on April 29th, 2013.

How can I get my remaining pay coming to me?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I bring nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines.


You can file a final wage claim against your employer here:


If you were asked to work, it does not matter where you were when you were working. They have to pay you for that time. They can't simply say that you weren't working and leave it at that.


File the wage claim against the employer.

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Last | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan

Meet The Experts:

  • Tina


    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
< Last | Next >
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • FiveStarLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years of experience helping people like you.
  • JPEsq's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experience as general attorney, in house counsel, SSDI, Family Law attorney, and law professor
  • Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.'s Avatar

    Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
  • Law Educator, Esq.'s Avatar

    Law Educator, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

Related Legal Questions

Chat Now With A Lawyer
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
JAG officer and professor of law
1267 Satisfied Customers
Lawyer and legal specialist.