Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer and legal specialist.
20011183

My former employer, Success Glass, Inc. from ChaskaMinnesota,

Customer Question

My former employer, Success Glass, Inc. from ChaskaMinnesota, won' pay me for four days that my new supervisor,Kal, asked me to work out of my home and come back when the office is re-organized and the computers are networked. Ben, the owner, says I was not at work, so I don't get paid. I was salaried at 39,863 dollars a year. I never had to fill out a time card, or was I required or asked to! However Ben, a russian immegrant, does not understand what salary is. I would work late many evenings and come in on Saturdays to complete projects and paperwork. But if I was not in the office a day or an afternoon, he docked my pay. I never got overtime, no benefits, no insurance.We had five paid holidays, the only "benefit" we had. The new partner, Kal, came aboard and after one week, when I returned to the office, they wanted me to sign a employment agreement which would cut my pay by 50% and still have me doing 95% of the same job I had been doing. My attorney, KayL. Wallrich, said it was what is called "Constructive Discharge". I can on live off half salary and chose notto signed the agreement and was discharged. When I received my check, which normally would have been a gross amount of 1533.20, (Marked salary), it was for 900.00 dollars and then had a note saying "Gary's corrected paycheck" and was deducted another $300.00. I know he owes me the restof the salary for the two week period and the 1st day of the next period, since I worked the complete day in the office on April 29th, 2013.

How can I get my remaining pay coming to me?
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I bring nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines.

You can file a final wage claim against your employer here:

http://www.doli.state.mn.us/ls/Pdf/wage_claim.pdf

If you were asked to work, it does not matter where you were when you were working. They have to pay you for that time. They can't simply say that you weren't working and leave it at that.

File the wage claim against the employer.