How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question

Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12403
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

For Attorney Andrea Hello Andrea, Going back to 3rd

Customer Question

For Attorney Andrea'''

Hello Andrea,

Going back to 3rd person usage, a neighbor of the brother, rang his doorbell at about 9:30 ET AM, to inform the mother (and brother) that the neighbor received a call at 8 AM ET from the sister. The call, coming from the sister, was of an extremely slanderous nature... stating that she was calling all the neighbors, and saying that the mother was going around hitting people with a broom. The brother is furious. He would like to file a police report for harassment. FYI the sister has already filed a police report in FL (investigation closed upon reading the brother's letter of defense), up to 4 APS reports (all closed and found to be baseless), 2 court cases in FL (both cases were not allowed), and the latest NYC petition. The brother would at least like to make today's incident official by filing a police report. The brother hasn't punched back once yet. When is he allowed to deliver a 'strong right hook' (so to speak)?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I sent Andrea a message to follow up with you here, when she is back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello and Thank you once again for requesting me,


If the sister's comments are directed only against the mother, then the mother should file a police report against the sister. The police will tell her that it is a 'civil matter' and they will, but that is okay because it will set the stage for introducing all of the actions the sister has taken against the mother and the brother in this present action. The mother should file an Answer to the present Petition, or if she has already filed an Answer, then she should ask Court permission to file an Amended Answer, alleging that the sister's present action has no merit, is arbitrary and vexatious and brought for the sole purpose of harassing the mother and forcing her to incur unnecessary legal fees. In support of this claim, the mother should introduce the 2 Florida lawsuits against the mother which were dismissed and the harassment to which she is subjecting the mother. The mother should include in her Amended Answer a request for Attorney's fees and for punitive damages which is a standard request where the Court finds that a plaintiff's actions are arbitrary and vexatious. The mother should also apprise the Court of the slanderous statements which the sister is making to all of the mother's neighbors. This will also set the stage for the slander and defamation of character lawsuit the mother will bring. As a matter of fact, that lawsuit should be immediately filed in order to let the sister know that the mother means business and will not take these accusations lying down. These very neighbors should be served with a Subpoena to come in to testify as to the mother's soundness of mind at the present trial and must also be called as witnesses at the defamation of character trial.


If the sister is also slandering the brother, he can also be a plaintiff in that action and ask for the same relief, i.e., damages and Attorney's fees,



Please be kind enough to rate my service to you as "Excellent Service", If you are a subscription member, it will not cost you anything to rate me,


Bonus and Positive Feedback on the survey are greatly appreciated,


Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,






JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Previous | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan

Meet The Experts:

  • Tina


    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
< Last | Next >
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • JPEsq's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experience as general attorney, in house counsel, SSDI, Family Law attorney, and law professor
  • Law Educator, Esq.'s Avatar

    Law Educator, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
  • FiveStarLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years of experience helping people like you.
  • Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.'s Avatar

    Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

Related Legal Questions