Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

I need a lawyer to defend me against this junk debt buyer credit

Customer Question

I need a lawyer to defend me against this junk debt buyer credit card TROY CAPITALL in Columbia, SC. I have been fighting very good since last year. Now the case is with Master-Equity in the court. On June 6, 2013 we will go to a hearing for their motion to Compel. I was told that the case might be at their favor because some kind of affinity they have build. I don't wanna be disppointed. They refused to fully compel with my discovery but flat answers. They don't have any evidence but want me to find it for them and pull the trigger on me. I need lawyers names and telephones in my city (29210) to fight this junk debt buyer. Thanks
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for contacting Just Answer with this problem. We do not provide attorneys for our customers. We can only provide you with lists of litigation attorneys in your area who you can contact. If that is what you want, please tell me what city and county you live in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Richland County Columbia, South Carolina. Question does the judge can ask me to compel something I do not have? I'm sure I do not have anything in my possession.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Here is a list of three well-rated litigation firms in Columbia. Well rated.

http://www.martindale.com/litigation/s-south-carolina/Columbia-law-firms.htm?n=4294962455&dv=add%7CCounty%5ERichland+Co.&c=D

A google search of Richland County attorneys produces many individual attorney listings. I don't know if this gets you to it or if you have to enter the search yourself. https://www.google.com/search? sourceid=navclient&aq=&oq=martindale+lawyers+richland+county+south+car&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS351US352&q=martindale+lawyers+richland+county+south+carolina&gs_l=hp..0.0.0.0.1.2756804...........0.1f-wp7jkR4s&pbx=1

Regarding your question about discovery issues, if you reply under oath that you do not have possession of the iterm that should end it. The court will not order you to produce something that you testify that you do not have.

I hope this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. I thank you for submitting your question to Pearl-Just Answer. We appreciate your business. If you need clarification or additional information, please send me a Reply and I will be happy to explain further. Please consult a local attorney to verify the accuracy of this information according to your state's laws.

Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience: Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok,is Master Equity fair to me? I was told they are more friendly to debt buyers than to plaintiffs?

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
I do not know what Master Equity is so this is a question that I can't answer. I will opt out to see if someone else can help.
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Wendy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i need an expert

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Regards,
Wendy
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on a professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am a different expert and would like to see if I can assist you with your question.

I assume by Master Equity you mean Masters-In-Equity. Has your case been referred to a Masters-In-Equity or are considering this as an option? Also do you have a specific concern about fairness? Are you weighing your option to leave the matter in Circuit Court or have it heard by a Masters-In-Equity? Is this the context of your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The junk debt buyer plaintiff is the one who was not ready for trial and ask me to get more time in order to respond to my discovery. It was flat lies. They want it to masters-in-Equity. The case in the masters-In Equity . They file mtion to compel. i have nothing to give them. Is the Masters-In-Equity fair to me?

The hearing officers in the Masters-in-Equity should not be biased to one party or another. At times people complain they are not treated fairly. Many times this is when a decision or ruling is not in there favor. You should expect when the law and facts require the hearing officer to rule in your favor, they will and when they should rule in favor of the plaintiff they will.

You will probably find that the junk debt buyer will never be properly prepared for trial. They generally try to prevail by using admissions the defendant makes during discovery. If they have filed a motion to compel, you should respond to and indicate that have nothing to provide pursuant to the discovery request. And you should respond in writing to the discovery requests.

I hope that I have answered your question. Please let me know if you have more questions or need more information.

_________________________________________________________________
Please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the only way I receive credit and compensation for my work. If you have additional questions or need more information, please ask.

My goal is to provide with best assistance that I can. Please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also keep in mind that the law may not always be settled or may not support the position you want. My role is not to tell you what you want to hear. but to provide you accurate information as to what the law provides. Please do not rate me poorly just because the information I have provided does not support the outcome you desire.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legaleagle1 also begin your question with “For LegalEagle1”
Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Information provided is intended to explain general legal principles and assist you in finding an attorney in your area.

Please click "Great" or better to rate service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I already filed my response to the Court Master-In-Equity and the junk debt buyer has a copy by certified mail.Last question and I will rate your response after. Can I file a motion to dismiss as a defendant after the hearing turn in my favor?

Yes, a defendant you can file a motion to dismiss at any time. Rule 56(B) provides: A party against whom a claim, counterclaim, or cross-claim is asserted or a declaratory judgment is sought may, at any time, move with or without supporting affidavits for a summary judgment in his favor as to all or any part thereof.