TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

my home is in City of Austin. Between my property and public

my home is in City of Austin. Between my property and public road, there is land belong to City. I do have a right of way to have a drive way pass City land that I maintenance. Do I have to maintenance the whole land owned by City?

Thank you for your question. I'm a Texas lawyer and I'm happy to assist you.

Where you have a right of way to cross public land, you are only responsible to maintain the right of way (that is only the actual drive way), not the entire piece of property.

You need to contact the City of Austin and protest the code violation citation and tell them that you do not own the property for which they are citing the violation. If you have proof of the size and location of your lot, you should gather this so you can submit it as evidence.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
ZDN