TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

How protected is confidentiality of personality tests given

How protected is confidentiality of personality tests given during hiring process to candidates?

Thank you for your question. The employer is under a duty to keep the information obtained through the application process confidential and may not disclose the information to the applicants detriment.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
ZDN

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok. How about the recruiter (III Party) or the firm administering the test and the assessment (another III party) ? Are they bound by law as well?

Yes. They all have a duty not to disclose.