TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

I did not disclose and the Insurance Company never knew that

I did not disclose and the Insurance Company never knew that I'd had brain surgery and a stroke when I bought a whole universal life insurance policy from the company in 2009. The Insurance Company sent someone to take my blood pressure and accepted my chiropractor as my doctor. The coverage is for $250,000. When I die, can the Insurance Company successfully refuse to pay my beneficiaries, if they investigate and find out about my poor health? Upon running my credit, it shows that I am on disability.

Thank you for your question.

The answer is yes. Your failure to disclose a major medical event such as brain surgery and a stroke on your life insurance application will serve as an immediate basis to refuse to pay out the benefits. The insurance company relies on you to disclose everything and will usually not investigate the matter closely until they have to pay out benefits.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,