TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

Im in the process of bidding for a home in NJ. The house is

I'm in the process of bidding for a home in NJ. The house is in estate and has been on the market for almost 2 years. Last week the seller's agent notified my buyer's agent that the executor wanted all the bids submitted in order to make a decision. I
got my bid in before the weekend, only to find out that the executor is on vacation in Poland. Although he/she promised to be checking email, the seller's agent has received any communications back. Is there any governing body that issues standards on what's
considered acceptable behavior by an executor?
Thank you for your question.
An executor is being overseen by the court which is administering the estate. In other words, there is no one you can complain to about this behavior. The only people who have standing to complain about the executor are the beneficiaries to the estate.
The executor does not owe any duties whatsoever to potential purchasers of estate property other than those that are held in a normal transaction. While the executor's actions are certainly bad for business and lazy, this does not violate the duties that the executor owes unless you can establish negligence and damage. If you can establish this, then you could potentially sue the executor for the damage incurred.
Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.
Best Regards,