Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

What does this mean: Dismissal Order - WOP

What does this mean:
Dismissal Order - WOP
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

The abbreviation WOP is short for "without prejudice" meaning that while it is dismissed the party can correct whatever caused the dismissal and file again.

Dismissal WP or "with prejudice" means that the case is over and cannot be refiled.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Case was dismissed. The moving party called the judges office and explained there is a misunderstanding. They reversed the dismissal on a conversation they had with the moving party. Nothing was filed. The judges secretary wrote a letter saying what happened as far as conversation went. The judge put in order and it said moving party was to serve order to defendant without delay but the moving party didnt serve an order, instead the judge office mailed a letter of notice of the upcoming hearing.

Thank you for your reply.

If they failed to properly serve the notice as ordered by the judge, then you can file an objection to the hearing based on improper notice and in that objection you can ask for the moving party to be sanctioned for not providing proper notice as ordered by the court.