Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

We operate cooperate adult foster care for the mentally ill

We operate cooperate adult foster care for the mentally ill in Minnesota. The daughter of one of our clients has been harassing our staff via phone for some time. We had the local advocate for these things help us complete a Harassment Restraining Order request and it was granted by the Judge. The problem howeve is it was only granted to me personally as I am the Director and the one who filled out the forms. My question is, is there a way for us to, as a business, to obtrain a Harassment Restraining Order and if needed an order regarding tresspass on this individual?

I am sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time with his person. The restraining order should have been requested in the name of your organization. It should have been written to bar contact with the organization's employees, including you by name and any other's who wished to be named. It could have included a bar against her trespassing upon your property and/or making phone calls to the organization and. or any of its employees. A lawyer should prepare both the petition nd the order.

I hope this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. I thank you for submitting your question to Pearl-Just Answer. We appreciate your business. If you need clarification or additional information, please send me a Reply and I will be happy to explain further. Please consult a local attorney to verify the accuracy of this information according to your state's laws.