Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have returned home to Australia after a 5

I have returned home to Australia after a 5 week holiday flying with Etihad Airlines. -My luggage was lost at the beginng of my tour of the British Isles for 7 days. -I receive lost suitcase but within the 7 days of waiting bought clothing , toiletries ect., and another suitcase on day 6. This of course meant I had TWO suitcases when only ONE was allowed. Tour bus accommodated the second case while we finished tour. -Etihad would not answer any queries except for one of many emails I wrote to them before and after receiving lost luggage. I was given a guest query number which I have used. - I was given NO compansation by them. - The second suitcase would not be accepted for our continuing travels to Egypt and a Nile cruise. After negotiating with a XXXXX XXXXX at the book-in desk at Etihad's at Heathrow I was assured it would be flown to and held at the Abu Dhabi airport while I and my companions holidayed in Egypt and 3 days in Abu Dhabi. It was to be collected and flown home to Australia on our return flight...At Etihad's expence and cominsation. -Upon booking in I was told the case had been closed and they knew nothing of the suitcase being held. - Spoke to a Roxanne in the luggage dept., organized by the girl on the desk. After explaining my situation and giving her contact details I was once again assured of my luggage being sent home to Bundaberg at Etihad's expence. None of this has happened. No luggage , no answers, no communication to my queries. -I can't claim with my travel insurer until I have some relevant documentation from Etihad.

Regards

Terrie XXXXX

[email protected]

XXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXX

Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Wendy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm OK with waiting a little longer.

Yesterday after writing to you I wrote an email outling my problem to The Office of Fair Trading Qld. Waiting to hear back from them.

And another email to Roxanne (baggage services Abu Dhabi) with a further plea for her to respond.

Regards

Terrie XXXXX

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Regards,
Wendy
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If the airline is refusing to provide you with information any further, you need to start by submitting your receipts with the emails and luggage lost claim query number to your travel insurance. If they need more, generally they will try to get the further information from the airline first and if the airline refuses to cooperate with them the insurer will usually pay your claim. If the insurer refuses to pay your claim based on lack of cooperation of the airline, then I am afraid you will have to sue them and seek your damages from them with all of your receipts for everything you had to purchase because they lost your luggage in the first place and then for them losing it the second time.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was not made aware your company is American. I'm in Australia.

Regards

Terrie Smith

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After re-reading all, I have picked up on the 'Australian' law. Sorry for the mistake.

Regards

Terrie Smith

Your question is open to Australian legal professionals.
Thank you, yes your question was answered base on Australian law.