TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

I HAVE A TRANSPORTATION LLC SETUP, WHAT OTHER THINGS DO I NEED,

I HAVE A TRANSPORTATION LLC SETUP, WHAT OTHER THINGS DO I NEED, TO PULL MOBILE HOMES. ARE THERE ANY PULLING RIGHTS THAT I NEED.

Thank you for your question.

In order to "pull" a mobile home, what kind of equipment are you using? A Tractor (Big Rig)?

Are any of the mobile homes you will be pulling oversized?

I assume you have your CDL?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am talking about setting the co. up to pull mobile home. yes they are tractor and oversized.

I'm a little unclear then on what you need.

Do you have the required permits from Georgia DPS to operate your truck for the size load you intend on pulling?

Do you have your US DOT number?

Do you intend on crossing state lines in your business?

Have you gone through your medical qualification and exam through the State?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that is what i need, everything for the co to pull mobile homes

The first thing you need to do is fill out the form 649-F (and get your medical examiantion) and the Application for Motor Carrier Identification Number forms. They can be located at: http://dps.georgia.gov/requested-forms-publications.

You will also need to apply and obtain insurance to operate your rig.

Finally, when you are pulling an oversized load, you will have to obtain a permit from the Georgia Department of Transportion. Information on this may be found at: http://www.dot.ga.gov/doingbusiness/permits/oversize/Pages/OversizePermitInformation.aspx

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
ZDN