Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Legal Expert

This is based on a personal bankruptcy case question...If im

This is based on a personal bankruptcy case question...If im a user allowed on a credit card(but not a joint owner of the card) and that person(owner of the credit card) files a personal bankruptcy am I legally responsible for any debt that I personally used on that credit card. if so how would they know which part is mine and... if I live in another state collect from me

Hi, I will be happy to assist you, and it is my goal to make you a very satisfied customer! This may take a few minutes, so thanks for your patience.

No, a mere authorized user has never legally obligated him or herself for credit card liabilities, so the authorized user is not liable. The account owner agreed to pay for the credit card debt.