Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

I was married to a Postmaster for 31 years. He retired after

I was married to a Postmaster for 31 years. He retired after 30 years of work. We divorced four years ago. I was not given any part of his postal retirement in the divorce. Can I still undergo some procedure to get them.

I am an attorney with more than 25 years experience and I look foward to assisting you with this matter today

It is not good news, unfortunately. But remember I don't make the laws and so I trust that when I am done explaining you will not hold that against me when giving a rating.

The answer is if your divorce is final then there is no recourse to go back and claim a portion of a the pension. That is something that should have been discussed with your divorce attorney at the time time.

I wish it was better news. If you have other questions, please use the continue conversation button below so I can help clarify anything you do not understand before you give your Good to Excellent Service rating. Remember that is not based on whether the answer is what you want to hear. It is based on the answer being true and correct.

Thank you