Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Attorney
Experience:  Twenty one years experience as a lawyer in New York and New Jersey. Former Appellate Law Clerk.

what should I do if a lawsuit have been granted against me

what should I do if a lawsuit have been granted against me and I am unemployed,disabled,and receiving social security benefits,own no property except for an old 89 pickup truck,and the collection agency keeps writing to pay to make arrangements because interest accuring and thr balance keep going up

If you have no income and no assets, you are basically "judgment proof." There is simply nothing that the collection agency can collect against. Although you receive social security benefits you should be aware that such payments are exempt from judgment creditors. Thus, the collection agency can not go after your social security benefits. It would be fine to write to the collection agency telling them these circumstances, and ask them to stop contacting you pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. This will at least get them off your back.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your valuable info,i will call them and relate my circumstances. thank you

Good luck. If you want them to stop contacting you, you must write them. Follow the link above for sample letters.