Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Im in the United States on Non-Immigrant B1/B2 visa, i m goint

Im in the United States on Non-Immigrant B1/B2 visa, i m goint to stay here for 4-5 months, could you please advise me from which state in America i can get drivers license?

i have heard that not all States issue Drivers license on Non-Immigrant visa, can you please write me the list of States where the documentation is easy and which are issuing the Drivers License on B1/B2 visa status.

thanks
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

For non-resident alien B-1 visa holders, a driver's license is a lot of paperwork to obtain in all of the states under the new federal guidelines implemented by pretty much all of the states. However, if you have your copies of your proof of business and your original visa documentation, because they deal with more non-resident aliens coming in than any other state Florida is one of the easier states to get through. However, you need to have an established home in FL you are going use for your address where you reside in the US.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Thank you very much for your kind rating.

We have provide you the legal information on your situation, but I am afraid we do not make up the laws nor do we make up your facts you are faced with. The information provided to you comes direct from the US Immigration Service and the FL DMV. Also, for the price you have offered, it is well beyond the scope of this service to investigate the laws of each and every DMV to provide you the specifics on each state's law. However, as you were told FL right now is considered one of the easier states to obtain a license in and that was the question you asked, which was indeed answered.