Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations

auto accident with only property damage. driver hit my car

auto accident with only property damage. driver hit my car driving a company vehicle, driver has a suspended license. Company insurance has a third party insurance who is handling the claim. When there is a dispute in the cost of the estimated damages, who do I sue? The company, the third party insurance? who?
Dear JACUSTOMER - You would have to sue the company that owned the vehicle. The insurance company was not a party to the accident so they are not the ones liable for the accident even though they may be paying for the damages. So if you cannot agree on what they offer you have to sue the company and then the insurance company would provide the legal representation to defend the suit. You can also name the driver as a co defendant but the company is going to be the one to cover the damages, whatever they may be.