LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  7+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

Ive been arrested, charged with Misdemeanor 3 (solicitation

I've been arrested, charged with Misdemeanor 3 (solicitation of prostitution) and the police gave me citation to appear in the court in 2 days from now in Fairborn, OH.
I was taken to the jail and after getting my info, they released me.
At that time, I accepted my mistake and gave in writing.
Now, what should I do next? Should I have to have a defense lawyer? I don't have any previous records.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Can you please clarify for me what you mean what you said you " gave in writing"? Did you make any admissions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I did admit myself that I contact thru Backpage, money agreed upon for sexual service.

Thank you for the additional information. If the admission was freely given and/or properly obtained by the police, it can be used against you. Moreover, if the facts of the case against you are strong and the State can prove the charge against you beyond a reasonable doubt, this is certainly not a case to take to trial. Of course, that is at your discretion but the consequences could be worse if you go to trial and lose rather then take a plea. As such, you 100% need to make sure you appear in court, as ordered. When you do, you can ask the prosecutor for a plea offer to resolve this or see if they offer a diversion program you can possible enter into, to get the case dismissed. The prosecutors office may have a diversion program set up for these type of offenses, so you would need to inquire. If you take a plea deal, the State would likely be inclined to impose a fine, court costs and then possible community service or probation. The fact that you are a first time offender and this is a non-violent crime, should not result in any jail time. I think it is always best to retain a criminal defense attorney. I say this because they can look over the facts of the case and see if you have any legal defenses and speak with the State about a plea deal, that is in your best interest. If you are not familiar with the criminal justice system, it is best to have someone by your side who is.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience: 7+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.