How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116181
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to get court order for suspending domain name

This answer was rated:

I would like to get court order for suspending domain name because of illegal activity. I do not know in what state or even country owner of website live. But I know that his website is registered in in their ToS they mentioned that all disputes participated with them must be to sended to court of Arizona. I am also not an U.S. citizen. What to do in such situaton? What jurisdiction?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

In order to suspend the site you must sue the company operating the site for the violations you are alleging or you must turn the matter over to your state attorney general's office or the FBI internet computer crime center ( in order for them to pursue a criminal investigation into this illegal activity and get an order from the criminal courts to shut down the site.

If you do not get the AG or FBI to do this, you have to sue the company who owns the site in your state's court if they are doing business in your state and as part of the suit you would get an injunction.

Jurisdiction on this can be tricky as if they are doing business in your state, technically your state's court has jurisdiction and your state's laws apply, but they will argue personal jurisdiction should be where there company is located as they only incidentally did business in your state. Right now because internet business is relatively new as courts and case law is concerned, it is a bit up in the air, but most state will take jurisdiction over an internet company who does business with a resident of their state.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well just as I mentioned in my question, I do not know what company it is and what state it operates in. I am not even sure that it is an USA company. All information that I have is a Paypal account where I paid to. In Terms of Service on their website no company or person is mentioned. For my requests to provide details of their company, I got no answer from them.

Thank you for your response.

As you have not told us the name of the site, I have no way of knowing this information either nor can I try to assist you to look for the information. This is also why I informed you that if illegal activity is going on with the site to make a report to your state attorney general and the FBI internet computer crime center as they will conduct an investigation into the matter.

The only other option you have is to sue GoDaddy for promoting illegal websites in Arizona and seek a judgment against GoDaddy for their promotion of illegal activity to seek to shut the site down.

However, if paypal cannot tell you were that company is located, if you provide us the website, perhaps (not guaranteed) we may be able to provide some information on ownership of the site.
Law Educator, Esq. and 9 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago. is the website we are talking about.


Thank you for your response.

The owner of this site is:

Martin Montcho
305 Poulin Street
Ottawa, Ontario k2c 3t4

However, if they are conducting business in your state, you have the right to sue them in your state under the long arm statute. Of course, they will object on the basis of personal jurisdiction and if they can prove that they are not conducting business in your state, then you would have to sue them in Canada.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If somebody will ask me what makes me think that he is the owner, what should I tell? (I just notice that his personal information is in public on WHOIS) thanks for help

The name is from the whois registration, that is correct, which is public information. As he is the registered owner, he is liable for the site and the business and if he is not then it is up to him as registered owner to provide the information as to who the real owner is.