Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Basically I took my phone to a mobile shop its a blackberry

Basically I took my phone to a mobile shop it's a blackberry porsche costed me about 2700$.. one of the tooth from the SIM card was broken. They told me they can repair it easily and they have repaired lots of phones with the same problem.. 2 months has passed and not only did they not fix it they broke my motherboard and they told me the screen is broken also. All im getting are excuses. What should I do he keeps telling me that he will pay for the damages if it wasn't fixed by last friday.. which is $1800 friday has come and he hasn't paid anything. I sent him an email and told him if you don't give me my money i will have to go to court. He said since you sent me the email take me to court then.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If you bring in an item for repair the repair shop takes responsibility for either fixing the problem if possible or at the least not causing further damages. If they cause further damage, then they are liable for repairing or replacing what they broke. If the owner refuses to pay and has delayed paying for this long, then his response to your email to sue him means he never had a plan to pay you all along.

What you need to do is first file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against him and the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Unit. Generally, they can resolve these matters without the expense of a suit, because reports on their sites are public record and can hurt this company's business. However, if they cannot resolve this, then you can sue in small claims court for damage to your personal property and seek to recover the costs of repairing the damage or replacing the item if it cannot be repaired.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law