How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to file a Peition with the Court for Relief from the

This answer was rated:

I need to file a Peition with the Court for Relief from the Claims Requirement. It is all ready to go. That is not the question. My question is procedural. What do I need to do to get this filed, get a hearing date. Step by step. What is the fee? Thank you.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

will wait

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.


Are you in Superior Court?

Also, can you please give me a little more background on what this is about?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, superior court. Government claim . Auto accident. Claim made against govt entity one. timely. Denied. Got letter from rep of entity that we had filed the claim against the only entity needed and that we did it timely. Later got police report which showed the responsible party, believe it or not, was another govt entity which hit the other govt entity. Made claim vs. second entity but was late.
Did Appl for Leave. Denied. Now must file Petition. It is ready. So what is the cost and I want to make sure I miss no local requirements. San Bernardino Superior Court

I'm confused as to whether this is your initial pleading with the court, or if it is a motion. Can you please provide me with your case number XXXXX I can look your case up on line and see where you are at procedurally?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Case not filed. This would be the first paper.


Thank you.

Since this is the first paper that will be filed, the filing fee will be $450.00.

To get a hearing date, you will need to contact the court's clerk and ask for a date to be set for the hearing. Ask the court clerk whether they want you to file a notice for the hearing with the court.
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
TexLaw and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
I apologize. The filing fee is actually $435.00

Related Legal Questions