Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

i was aressted for a warrent that i had quaised last year 9-21-12 but i walked up to a cop

Customer Question

i was aressted for a warrent that i had quaised last year 9-21-12 but i walked up to a cop car asked them to run my name to see if my Drivers lic. was valid they told me i had a warent i told the officer to call the county to see he said they did i paid 375 bond then i called the county they told me i had no warent i went back to the pd and ask them to return my cash they told me i could not get i until the next day after i told them my son needs pull up
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your difficult situation.

What is your legal question for me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how would i start a lawsuit my son went over 12 hr. with out pull ups

Dear Ollie,

Did the police make a mistake and were the money you paid for the bond refunded to you?

Were you detained or incarcerated as a result of this incident?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes my money was returned 12hr. later i was at the pd for an hr. befor i paid the bond my rights was not read to me or anything and yes i was detained

Dear Ollie,

You can consult with a local attorneys to see if any of them would be willing to represent you based on the wrongful arrest basis, but since you have only spent an hour being detained and the money you have posted for the bond, were in fact returned to you within 12 hours, unfortunately it would be very difficult for you to claim any actual direct damages related to this wrongful arrest.

Also, the police does not have to read the Miranda rights to the person who is being arrested or detained, unless the arrested / detained person is going to be questioned by police, beyond basic personal information, such as name, address, date of birth, etc...

I am sorry you had to go though this unfortunate experience and wish you and your family the best of luck!
Dear Ollie,

Do you have any related follow up questions for me?