TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

after my employee walked out without telln me i was 3 hrs away..her

after my employee walked out without telln me i was 3 hrs away..her ex boyfriend texted me an said not to contact my employee anymore and that i should be ready for a sexual harrasment suit there is no merit to that..that is why i am asking i did nothing to her... her boyfriend is a freak can i go after him because of the text

Thank you for your question.

The area of the law which applies to your situation is called Defamation. Defamation prohibits a false claim about you made by one person to a third party which tends or actually does damage your reputation.

The boyfriend's text to you does not trigger any legal claims you can make because it was made directly to you rather than to a third party. However, if her or her boyfriend accuse you falsely of sexual harassment to anyone else, this will trigger your right to bring a claim against the boyfriend for defamation.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
ZDN
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what if he told the people he works with it is a text it could go anywhere

If he told other people, then you do have a claim. You will, however, need proof of the "publication" (the fact that he told third parties). If you don't have any proof that he told anyone, only a suspicion, then your claim would be open to a motion to dismiss for lack of evidence.

What you could do is send out a CEASE AND DESIST letter, telling him to stop making false accusations against you or face a lawsuit for defamation.