Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

The court has ordered mediation between myself (plaintiff)

The court has ordered mediation between myself (plaintiff) and defendants. I'm pro se and have no experience with legal processes. Who is authorized, or allowed to be present at the mediation? Just me and my spouse (the plaintiffs) or can my adult family members and witnesses attend?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

There is no need for a witness to appear because no testimony will be taken/given by any parties. Instead, the parties will meet with the mediator and argue their claims and try to settle the case. Mediation is non-binding, so it is very informal.

There's nothing illegal about having a family member there, but it is not necessary. Usually, only the parties and their attorney (if represented by one) attend.