Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

im retired military, i was banned from my local hospital for

im retired military, i was banned from my local hospital for no reason. 1 nurse accused me of something and called the law i was cleared that day the sheriff said nothing happened and even told me to file a lawsuit against hospital. i have tryed to get a appt. with doctor because this is who tricare has sent me to. but doctors office refuses to see me. they are funded by county,state, and federal goverment and i would like to know how they refuse me care.and what kind of lawyer do i need

JD 1992 :

Is the doctor's office themselves a private organization or a military organization?

Customer:

no it is apart of hospital

JD 1992 :

Is the hospital a government organization or a private one?

Customer:

county hospital

JD 1992 :

You are going to want to go and talk to a lawyer who does Civil Litigation or Civil Trial Law. You can find one in your area at www.lawyers.com. The lawyer is going to have to look at the organizational records, etc. to find the duty/obligation to provide care.

JD 1992 :

Every county or state hospital I have ever seen has something in the documents which allowed them to form that mandates they provide care so it is just a matter of finding that section.

JD 1992 :

What did the nurse accuse you of?

Customer:

she is anti gun.. i have conceal permit but we only spoke one time she asked why i carried a gun, i asked why she locked her door. later down rd i heard from my command she had called law stating i came in kicked open door , knocked over patint and grabbed gun and went to kill doctor in office. but no one called the law until 4 days later. the sheriff said he went himself and no one knew of anything happing. he said he even asked her why if this happened had she not called 9/11

JD 1992 :

Wow. She must be nuts.

JD 1992 :

In a case like this they have an obligation to allow you to "clear your name" before just deciding that they aren't going to offer you services any more so a lawyer should be able to get this resolved for you.

JD 1992 :

There are several different methods but I'll let them go into detail about those with you because the concepts are a little hard to explain in a forum like this.

Customer:

thats the big thing is just trying to find a lawyer. iv had a hard time. and that has been problem no one will give me a chance to clear myself. i even took police report up there, plus a letter from sheriff, plus a letter from the deputy that worked it stating nothing happened.

JD 1992 :

The website I gave you should enable you to find a lawyer. You may also want to look for one that specializes in Civil Rights Law since this touches on that area as well.

Customer:

so guess i will try to find one, sucks having to drive 50 miles away just to see a doctor. they even have in letter i can not come to er

Customer:

ok

JD 1992 :

I think that if you can find a lawyer they can get it resolved for you.

JD 1992 :

Do you know if there are video cameras set up in the area where you are supposed to have done this?

Customer:

no, but she tried to say they where no gun signs, but i had took pics and there was nothing. now they have no gun signs cause sheriff told them unless they post it where it can be seen then nothing he can do.

Customer:

be the sheriff said they had nothing and everyone he spoke with said they knew of nothing happening. so when that lie got busted up she sent me letter banning me

JD 1992 :

Talk to a few lawyers and they may be able to get this worked out for you. If it was a private hospital it would be a different answer but with it being government funded then there are certain rights guaranteed to you.

Customer:

ok

JD 1992 :

And there are certain protocols they have to follow to ban you.

JD 1992 :

Anything else I can assist with?