Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I was recently divorced and my exs friend who she calls her

I was recently divorced and my ex's friend who she calls her spiritual advised came and lived with her for two months to advise throught the divorce process. After the divorce one weekend when I had my daughter she started telling me how this woman hated me and she was going to make sure I did not get any money form my ex. My daughter also stated that she was mean to her when her moms wasn't around and that her mom did not even care. She is coming back to stay with my ex for two months and since she has openly shown such negatinve actions around my daughter I do not think this will be a heathy environment for her....My question is , is there anything I can do to prevent this person from being in direct contact with my daughter for two months?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

You can file for a restraining order against this person to keep her away from your child. In order to successfully get a restraining order, you will have to prove to the court that this person is a danger to your child - - either mentally or physically - and that she should be ordered to stay away.

If your daughter is telling you that this person is mean and is feeding her lies about you, then you should have grounds to seek a TRO.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what ir a TRO ?

Hi -

A TRO is a temporary restraining order, which orders one person to have no contact with another for a certain period of time.

Usually, a court orders a TRO and will set a hearing for 2-4 weeks out, and at that time, the court will have a hearing to decide whether to leave the restraining order in place or to lift it.