Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I want to make a simple will for my self. I am single with

I want to make a simple will for my self. I am single with some assets , bank accts and just one relative (brother) who will be the executor. Where is the right place or source I can get forms and help. Please dont say legal zoom, they are just an expensive rip off in my opinion.
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am providing you with three free templates, of which you can use ANY to create a will, based on complexity. The forms will work in New York state:

Simple Will - here (pre-filled with a sample identity)

More Complex Will - here (blanks)

Perhaps the Best Version - here (blanks available).

You may look through any, choose one, and let me know if you have any questions as to its contents.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am in New Jersey, not New York. I think Simple will 1 says NY . Not sure if proper for NJ

Hello friend,

Actually, I meant to state: "The forms will work in New Jersey state."

The will in first link will work for NJ as well, if you change it reflect NJ, of course.

Under N.J.S.3B:3-3, will shall be:
(1) in writing;
(2) signed by the testator or in the testator's name by some other individual in the testator's conscious presence and at the testator's direction; and
(3) signed by at least two individuals, each of whom signed within a reasonable time after each witnessed either the signing of the will as described in paragraph (2) or the testator's acknowledgment of that signature or acknowledgment of the will.

All three link samples fit this criteria - the actual verbiage can be modified as long as the criteria is met.

The last one - the third link - is my favorite and the best one, in my opinion.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.