TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

i buy a business that someone else has started for $15,000

i buy a business that someone else has started for $15,000 then it took 3 weeks the landlord to Approved, am trying to open a coffe shop and healh department want me to do some up grade that coast me over$50,000 now my landlord he is trying to kike me out for not hiring licenced contractor but i did have all the approval work from the city and bulding permit and aproval health department paper now my problem the landlord he dont wont me to open if i don't provide a licenced contractor help the job is oready done nothing i can do i found a contractor they want me to pay them $2000 just to use they license so should i go with this or hire a lawer fight the case

Thank you for your question.

Under California law, if you are not the owner of the building, you cannot perform construction or have an unlicensed contractor perform work on the property. Accordingly, your landlord may rightly insist that you use a licensed contractor.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
ZDN