Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Please help.. I seperated from my husband in 2010 and left

Customer Question

Please help.. I seperated from my husband in 2010 and left our house. He stayed for sometime and then left the home as it was in foreclosure. it has been empty for 2years.. i was recently contacted from my bank that i could get a Hemp modification-but it would have to be owner occupied.. I then found out online- that the HOA did there own foreclosure and took our names off the deed and put there name on the deed. Both myself, and the bank never got notice of this.. i have been trying to get answers and cant.. the lien was for 6,893.00; today i was told that the lien is seperate- that is with the current management of the HOA.. but the actual HOA did the foreclosure so they could take care of the property.. was this legal? how can I get my name back on the deed so i can move in and start the modification..? Can i legally move back in with my name on the note of the loan, but my name not being on the deed?? are they considered the legal owner? please help.. lisa XXX-XXX-XXXX
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

The mortgage company, as a first lienholder, has a right to object to this foreclosure as do you if you never received proper notice of the HOA foreclosure. You need to notify the bank first of all and let them know what the HOA did.

Second, if you want to get the house back, since you are still on the hook for the mortgage, you would need to go to the court where the foreclosure was conducted and file a motion to vacate the foreclosure and seek to have a hearing.

You cannot get back into the house until you vacate the foreclosure, since the HOA is right now the actual legal owner.

At this point, you would want to consider using a local consumer protection or real estate law attorney to assist you to seek to reverse the foreclosure.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”