TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

is it problem if i take out my daughter 21y from my liability

is it problem if i take out my daughter 21y from my liability insurance as she moved to live in san antonio temporarly , even she will not drive overthere , is this will affect her record
and if i kept here will affect her submittal for grants ?

Thanks for your question. I need you to clarify a few things for me.

Are you saying that you want to take your daughter off your car insurance?

Are you also saying that your daughter is not going to be driving?

What grants is your daughter applying for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

all above yes , she may apply for financial aid so if i didnt take her out it might have no prove she is independent

Thank you for your response.

If she is not going to drive any vehicle which you own, you may take her off your automobile liability insurance. This will not affect her financial aid application, as whether or not you are providing her with auto liability insurance is not a criteria used to determine her financial aid qualifications.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can she drive her friend car using my liability ins , and if something happened shall my insurance will pay

If you keep her on your insurance, but she is driving her friend's car, your insurance policy will be a secondary policy to her friends primary policy. In other words, her friends policy will pay first, and if it doesn't cover everything, your insurance would pay the remainder.

However, if she is driving her friend's car on a regular basis, she needs to become a covered driver on her friend's insurance policy.