How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

got a letter from MD MVA CCU unit for $1500 for lapse or insurance On

Customer Question

got a letter from MD MVA CCU unit for $1500 for lapse or insurance

On Dec 2011, I moved from Maryland to NY and changed my insurance to another company using my Maryland registration. I was not aware that it is required that MD registration requires MD state policy and honestly I didn't know each state has its own insurance policy. . On Jun 2012, I registered my vehicle in NY. Now MD MVA CCU charged me for 1500 for not having MD state insurance policy although I have a NY state one. Is there any way to solve this or at least pay less since at least I have car insurance?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!