Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am looking into housingI need to findwhat my rights are.My

Customer Question

I am looking into housingI need to findwhat my rights are.My appartment is not up to code by far, I have no heat the windows just slam down my only sorce of heat is my oven other tenents here are also in housing court.It" come to our attention theres no insurance for this building it is been half badly burnt from a fire @ never been fixed 10 years now, and never made safe.Now she is trying to strong arm me for more rent, but she is not fixing anything.this address is not occupent apruved and being disabled I need some legal advise. there are also no railings for the second floor stairs. im not sure you can help me. could you please get back to me.I"m looking into housing' but she wants me out now with no written letter or notice at all [could there be some way to let her know that scraring me is not right with no insurance lease or money trails she will only take cash thers no proof or paper trail someone should inspect this landlord other tenents are taking her to housing court . My phone number is XXXXX
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
Have you contacted the local Code Enforcement or Housing Inspector with your concerns?
.
.
Thanks